Somizi Mhlongo Breathes Sigh Of Relief As SABC Says He's Off The Hook

Somizi Mhlongo was back on air today after a short suspension pending an investigation into him "joking" about Fikile Mbalula giving him top government secret lockdown details.


The Metro FM presenter is breathing a sigh of relief and thanking his lucky stars that the SABC has decided to see how his court case pans out before reaching a final decision.

SABC spokesperson Mmoni Seapolelo told Sunday World that the SABC decided that would return to work after he was subjected to the organisation's internal policies and processes.
Somizi Mhlongo Breathes Sigh Of Relief As SABC Says He's Off The Hook

Mmoni said, "The SABC views the matter concerning Somizi Mhlongo in a serious light. It is also imperative to note that this matter was referred to the law-enforcement authorities. As a responsible employee, we will allow the law to take its course and the matter reach its logical conclusion."

Last week, Briefly.co.za reported that Minister Mbalula had Somizi arrested on a fake news charge after the incident.

Somizi quickly apologised to Fikile and the nation for his error.

The star re-iterated that he, like everybody else, had no idea that lockdown would be extended.

Somizi said he was simply making a bad joke when he went online and said that the Minister had revealed the info to him.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!

Source: Briefly.co.za


Read More At The Online Coronavirus Portal Or Use The 24-Hour Public Hotline:
South Africa: 0800 029 999 or just Send Hie to 0600 123 456 on WhatsApp

Africa Metro is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Africa Metro. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Africa Metro. Read More Here.